First off, Floyd Landis won the Tour de France today. That makes me amazingly happy, but sad at the same time. I haven't been able to watch the Tour in more than two years now. Cycling is one of those sports that I cannot explain why I like it so much.
Next, I have to praise the hometown Fayetteville Guard. Who are they? They're one of two "professional" sports teams in the city. They play in the NIFL, the lowest of indoor football leagues. Last night they went to St. Louis and knocked off the River City Rage to advance to the championship match. If we won, it'd be our first championship in any sport in more than 50 years. Just another reason to love Fayetteville.
I am actually down to single digits in days left in Fayetteville. It seems like I was orientation years ago. Had someone told me that I'd go without internet and TV all summer and I WASN'T marching drum corps, I'd tell them they were crazy. Now that I've done it, the first thing I'll do when I move into the apartment in Carbondale will be to call and have both of those things set up.
1 big article down, two more to go. All I need are a few more interviews and I will feel ready to pack things up and head home.
As usual, I cannot wait to get home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
*pauses*
I...nevermind. Not the right medium to say what I'm thinking. hah.
Post a Comment