It's been nearly two weeks since I've written? Wow...time flies.
Last week was my busiest week I've had since I've gotten out here, but it only resulted in one byline. I'm currently working on what has the potential to be a pretty big story about some problems with a government agency. It wasn't going to be a big deal, but someone refused to work with me...and now it will be a big deal.
That's all I can say online until it runs, though.
---
I'm nearing the end of my internship. I only have 13 days of work left. This summer has gone by quickly, for the most part. The beginning of this summer was rough simply because I had to adjust to life out here. It's a lot different, but I've managed to adjust. The longer I stay, the less repulsive the area becomes. Of course--if I was staying here longer, I'd live in a better neighborhood...get cable TV... and get the internet, but it hasn't been that bad.
Actually, it's been nice to step out of my comfort zone. While I wouldn't advise everyone to just jump out here and work 50-55 hour weeks, it's taught me a lot.
I'm still ready to come home though! I have three more bigger articles to finish in my time left. I know I'll be busy until my very last minutes here...
-Jarel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment