Yikes, it should be a crime for me to go this long without writing in here. I have excuses...really, I do!
The past month or so I've still been writing, but it's been personal work that won't get posted here--this isn't the place! Also, I've been spending quite a bit of time recording. Since the Rams game was blacked out in St. Louis, I spent about four hours messing around with all sorts of neat audio "toys" that we've gotten over the past year.
I recorded a little bit of music but it's not to the level of being able to be released (I'm a slight perfectionist), but here is something that I CAN share.
Click here to listen!
Let me explain a few things: when I recorded this I had been behind the mic for about three hours, tweaking with all kinds of settings and doing countless takes because I would always manage to screw something up. I was tired...it was just a good way to end my afternoon!
To record everything, I ran a wireless microphone through a DigiTech Vocalist Live 4 Harmonizer. From there, I ran a cable from my Harmonizer to my TonePort UX2. The UX2 allows me to connect my guitar and microphone directly to my computer, making it easy to record. It's a great piece of technology and is probably the best practice aid that I've ever used.
Once I had that set up, I used Sony Sound Forge 9.0 to record everything. There are two tracks that I combined to make this --one with my "beatboxing" and the other with the telephone. I recorded the beat first, and then changed the vocal effect to "telephone".
I plan on making a YouTube video soon explaining this whole process--I'll post again when it's ready!
As a side note...Christmas is seriously less than two weeks away? It snuck up on me this year...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment