Sunday, February 15, 2009

This Is My Life?

I'm sure the handful of people that actually read this thing are dying to know what's happened in my life since I've last written...or not.

Actually, it's been a steady few months. I had some disappointing things happen, but I've had some really good things happen as well. One thing that I've learned and need to fully accept is that I have a great base of friends. Sometimes they've tried to give me advice and for whatever reason, I ignored it. Yes, the most recent time I did this came back to bite me.

It just got me thinking...I have friends that I can consult about nearly everything that comes up in my life. Why not be like the President and have a Cabinet?

Secretary of Social Outings
Secretary of Relationships
Secretary of Finances
Ambassador to the Opposite Sex
(also known as your wingman)

Anyways, you get the point. Who would you appoint to your Cabinet?
-----
I'm super excited for Mardi Gras this weekend. To prepare, I purchased a full body spandex suit from http://www.hellogreenman.com/.

I'm slightly apprehensive about wearing something that's so tight in the cold with essentially nothing else (ok, I'm wearing a cup for the sake of decency) but I'm sure that the suit will more than pay for itself with a few wearings. We'll see.

On a slightly related note, I've fallen victim to another infomercial product. This time it's the P90X workout program. Unlike many other fitness related infomercials you see on TV, this one actually works. I honestly can't say enough good things about what it's done for me physically (I'm down to 10.8% body fat!) but also mentally.

I hit a rut in my workouts last week, so I lightened up on the load a bit since the program has you working out for an hour, six days a week. The break was just what I needed. Now if only I could handle my nutrition a little better...
-----
My computer somehow got a virus yesterday and wow, it was terrible. It hijacked my internet browser, would let me do a system restore, nor would it let me use my anti-virus software. I ended up having to use a different computer to get online, download the right software, and then restart my computer in safe mode while I got rid of it. Start to finish, it took me about 4 hours to research and fix things.

Who the hell writes a computer virus? What do you get out of that?
-----
Lastly, I've been a lot more musically active lately. On guitar I've become extremely ADD in the fact that I know a ton of pieces from different songs...yet I don't really play any songs start to finish. I've tried to remedy that problem by focusing on only one song every week. We'll see how that goes.

Since I have all of this nice recording equipment, I should actually put it to use...

Speaking of me never being able to finish things, look at what I found: music that I was arranging that I never finished. Oops.

1 comment:

K3nny B said...

lol wow! you haven't written anything in awhile (I would take this opportunity to yell at you for making me get Google reader but I got the desired results , blog updates, from the new Outlook)

So your dressing up as the Green Man, one question... Why? seems painful...

Good job on teaching that fucking virus who the boss is! who the fuck does write computer viruses? I mean why do they hate everyone? What did I do? What did you do!? Fuck 'em...

What bit you in your ass?

Oh and before I forget, have you done anything with Songster (that new Microsoft program)?