Friday, June 02, 2006

#11

While I have a couple of free minutes--

Everything out here in North Carolina has been going wonderfully. The area is so much different than what I'm used to in O'Fallon, obviously. I've been keeping really busy at the paper.

It's really nice to be able to live outside of your comfort zone every now and then. Last month, I went to see a speaker in Carbondale. He said that his greatest personal growth came when he left his comfort zone. I have a feeling I'll learn a lot more this summer than just learn how to be a better reporter.

Lately I've been keeping busy with Fayetteville Swampdogs baseball and Fayetteville Guard football. They won their last game 70-0! It was the craziest thing I've ever seen in professional sports--players dancing on the field between plays, players riding tricycles on the field...anything you can imagine.

For everyone reading this at home, be very thankful that our area is built using the grid system. Navigating the streets here is the most confusing thing I've done in my life. My first day at work, I put 70 miles on my car for a single assignment. I'll get to that story when I have time. I can almost guarantee it's a worse first day on the job than you had.

If you want to read any of my work, go to Fayettevillenc.com and search my name. There will be a few things that pop up. I'll have a couple more stories popping up over the next few days and Monday.

Anyways, I'm heading to a baseball game so that's all I have time for now--have a great weekend and I will give a full update soon!

-Jarel

No comments: