It's been a while since I've written--
I've been unwinding since the end of my craziest semester yet. I just got back to Carbondale after spending a couple of weeks in O'Fallon. I must say--it was one of the better visits I've had.
On Saturday, I got together with a bunch of the guys and we played Ultimate Frisbee. It was the first time that I'd ever played, and the first time I'd picked up a frisbee in at least 10 years. We ended up playing for more than 4 hours. Needless to say, I'm still unbelievably sore. It was worth it, though. That was probably one of the best nights that I've ever had around those guys. Another plus was seeing an old friend that I hadn't seen in four years.
I somewhat have a summer job, which leads me to believe that I need to find something else that will allow me to take in a little bit of income this summer. However, I don't really want a job that will take up THAT much time. Who knows what I'll end up doing. More than likely, I'm going to try to freelance somehow.
I can't go without mentioning the dinner that Alysha and I made tonight. Catfish, garlic broccoli, and hash browns. Probably some of the best eating I've done in a while.
And now, for a few links to share (since everyone says that I find the most random things):
-Anybody use Google Reader? It handles all of your RSS feeds. I just started using it a few weeks ago, and it's cut out a lot of the hassle of checking to see if my favorite websites are updated.
-I've spent the last hour playing around with Photosynth. Here is the description, straight from Microsoft: a new technology from Microsoft Live Labs that takes a large collection of photos of a place or an object, analyzes them for similarities, and displays them in a reconstructed three-dimensional space.
It sounds weird, but you have to play around with it to really understand how amazing this technology is. Watching this video explanation helps you know just what you're using.
-YOUTUBE QUICK LINKS
90210 theme. Two twins, one guitar.
Braves AA Manger has hilarious outburst
Ultimate Frisbee. Turns out white guys can jump. Annnnd...the hilarious parody.
Ever watch a Pay Per View fight? This parody is right on.
Lastly, a little biased, but here's my unfinished Halo montage. Look...I was bored. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment