I've been back in O'Fallon for a couple of weeks now, the longest amount of time that I've spent here in the last five years. It's been weird getting reacquainted with life here--I can actually watch the 5 o'clock news and take it seriously, I don't have to deal with obnoxious college students every time I go out in public....the list is endless.
It's been really nice to be back in the area. O'Fallon is strange: even though I've been away for a while and a lot has changed, in the end...nothing at all has changed.
I've spent the past few weeks catching up with friends that I haven't been able to see that often, and it's been really nice. I'm starting to go through the next phase in my life where some of my old friends get phased out for various reasons and old friends move up a few spots because I can see them more often.
I honestly don't know what more to say than "It's been really nice...".
Also, I hate to be the guy that does nothing but post about his workouts, but I'm in week 7 of my new workout plan and I'm 1.4 pounds away from hitting 130, a big mark on my way to hit my goal of 140 pounds. I'm not sure how much weight I'll continue to put on or how long it'll take, but my target for now will remain December 2008.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i understand.
i hadn't been in minnesota for a year and a half. and later tonight i'm supposed to hang out with all of my old friends... and i'd rather just stay at home and play with the cats.
Post a Comment