Ever have a moment that you feel instantly changes your life? I had one last Thursday night.
The past few weeks I've had the V for Vendetta soundtrack playing in my car. Dario Marianelli is the composer--he hasn't done anything notable before or since the movie, but that doesn't matter.
I was playing the seventh track, Valerie, as I drove into St. Louis. It was pouring rain, but I still had a great view of the skyline. For whatever reason, it was overwhelming. The skyline... the rain... the darkness... the power of the current uncertainty in my life...
It's weird. For the first time in my life, I felt truly free. I can't explain what aspect of freedom that I felt, but it was there.
How amazing. I think I need to watch that movie again soon.
If you're not familiar with the track, here it is. It'll make more sense if you've seen the movie though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment