Last night, I went out in St. Louis with one of my good friends. We met up with a group of her friends from college and went to London Calling. To say it was a unique experience is an understatement. Keep in mind I spent four years "going out" in an uncultured town in deep southern Illinois--any time I go out in St. Louis is an adventure.
It was a nice experience that strengthens my belief in the ability to keep friends for a long period of time. Whenever anyone would ask how long we've known each other, we'd tell them that we've been friends since the fourth grade. Obviously back then I didn't still see us talking today (nor did I think about today, period) but it's nice to be able to say something like that.
After London Calling closed, we went to an after-party in Soulard. Shortly after arriving, an older man walked in. He introduced himself and then looked at me really funny.
Guy: I've seen you somewhere before.
Jarel: Yeah?
Guy: OH...you were in a commercial, right?
J: (thinking) Uhh...
Guy: Guess it wasn't you, sorry...
J: Which commercial? It might've been me.
Guy: SIU, right? It's on late at night during Cheaters all of the time!
J: Wow, uh...yeah, that's me.
While it's nice to have a totally random guy recognize me from something that I filmed almost two years ago, if I was someone else...I don't think I would really be able to recognize myself out in public. Oh well. It was just a pretty bizarre experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment