-I woke up this morning to stormy weather. It was an absolutely perfect start to my day, because I was able to lay in bed and watch the rain fall. It was actually really tough to wake up. The only bad part about the rain is that it canceled my run for the day, if it doesn't stop. My semi-daily run is starting to become part of my workout routine once again.
-On Facebook, I joined a group that's for members of my high school graduating class to reconnect and keep in touch. Isn't that what Facebook is for in the first place? It almost defeats the purpose of having a class reunion.
Anyways, I joined the group and it seems like some people are getting into a contest of trying to "one-up" each other by talking about all of their accomplishments. Let's face it--all of us in the group are 23 or 24 years old. None of us have really done anything that significant yet.
Using that for motivation, here is my contribution to the group: "Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well!
As for me? After high school I went the college route (SIUC, ISU). I then hit it big (we're talking high six figures) when I developed a board game that was purchased by Parker Brothers (think Monopoly, Risk, Trivial Pursuit). The game is a hybrid of Chutes and Ladders and Crossfire! It should be hitting the shelves in time for the Christmas season, so keep an eye out.
Currently, I'm living in Suriname (South America). I did the marriage and kids thing, figured out it's not for me right now (I am thankful for annulments!) so it's just me and my 3 Golden Retrievers! I hope to be back in the states soon, I miss a lot of things about home sometimes..."
...besides, nobody wants to hear about my actual post-high school life anyways.
-In my random food suggestion category, I highly suggest the Cake 'n Shake shake from Coldstone. It has cake batter ice cream and chunks of yellow cake blended in. If you want to feel semi-healthy, ask them to add raspberries.
The bad part about all of this is that I live right down the street from Coldstone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment