Monday, September 29, 2008

I've written about 5 entries in the past month or so, but in true ADD fashion I just haven't finished them.

-I'm looking at getting a new phone very, very soon. I've all but decided on the LG Dare. It's basically the Verizon version of the iPhone--the only exception is the fact that it isn't a Smartphone...which basically means it can't sync calendars with your PC, and other stuff that I really won't need.

-It's amazed me how quickly the transition between college and the real world happens. I wrote one of my friends an email and I was just like "Yeah...it seems like yesterday I was sleeping in and sitting in lecture. Now, I'm waking up early and commuting to work while listening to NPR."

Just kidding about the NPR, though. It's never really been my thing, although I did have my shower radio tuned to it all summer.

-The new Metallica CD, Death Magnetic. Eh. A lot better than St. Anger, but still not that great. For those who don't know: When I was 13-14, I was a HUGE Metallica fan. I grew out of the phase by my last couple of years of high school, but I still enjoy listening to them every now and then.

-I had to write a press release at work, and it made me realize how much my knowledge of AP Style has decreased since I worked at the newspaper. There are times when I miss reporting, but not enough to ever make me consider going back.

-Tonight I talked to a friend that I hadn't talked to in a few weeks because she's been ridiculously busy. Is it just me, or is it really nice to catch up with people that you haven't talked to in a long time? Catching up with them is like writing Cliff's Notes of your own life. You know that people don't care about 90% of the meaningless crap in your life, so you don't share it with them--all they get are the important pieces.

No comments: